Sunday 29 April 2012

Norbrek Rally Blackpool

A Grand Day Out 



 It was the 50th N.A.R.S.A Ham radio rally at Norbrek Castle over in Blackpool Lancashire Link to website

The sun was cracking the flag's and I was all kitted up ready to go to the 50th annual Narsa rally over at Norbreck castle exhibition centre. I was waiting for Josh M0DIT to come and pick me up from the car park.I had enough money in my pocket to be able to buy myself another 2 meter multimode radio , seeing as the Yaesu FT-480 decided to curl up it's toes and join all the other pieces of technology in silicon heaven .
The new boy in town 

Its worse than that it's dead Jim








The rally itself was quite good , lots of things to look at lots of things to buy and even somewhere to eat.
I went there thinking that I would be lucky to even find another2m multimode radio at all and  after a few goes round the tables I counted half a dozen ,three of them where FT-480's  and there were two Trio 9130's and an old Icom. I ended up buying one of those Trio 9130's .On close inspection  it needed a cleaning , and when I got it home I went online and downloaded the service manual. I spent about 4 hours servicing it and testing the voltages and re-aligning the crystal's onto the  correct frequency . I Connected  it to the 6 element yagi  and I gave a shout on 144.300, with Josh (M0DIT) sitting on the side giving me an audio report. I can't wait until I can get out onto the hills and give good old shout out on two meters SSB, so anyone who is capable of using that mode ,please give a listen out and YES we still use that frequency.

 I took a few pictures and cobbled them into a mini movie for you to peruse I have spent most of the afternoon editing them and putting a sound track on. I am getting quite good at this . anyway .......
AND NOW FOR THE MAIN ATTRACTION 




If you enjoyed this then you might like to read one of may good friends  blog Simon (2E0HTS)


Thank you for reading my blog , and Please leave a comment .

(c) 2012 M1PAC productions


No comments: